dog photos

Save Up To 50% On All Your Pet Needs
Shop JakesDogHouse.com
Shop now and get Free Shipping!

Only Natural Pet Store
www.smartpakcanine.com
Petscriptions has a wide variety of discount pet m

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Time for a Haircut

A well-groomed dog is a handsome dog. And having a shorter fur coat during these hot, humid days of summer will help your pooch keep his cool.

Last summer, Jax enjoyed the services of a professional groomer. While he looked awesome, this “extra” set us back so much that we added a line item (Jax's Grooming) to our monthly budget. In May, I mentioned in passing to my husband that we should consider grooming Jax this summer to save money.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

A week later, I received a large box from Amazon in which, I found my very own Andis 21420 Pro Pet 7 Piece Clipper Set and a Dog Grooming for Dummies book!




The Andis Clipper set is awesome. The instructions are easy to understand and the clipper is surprisingly simple to use. The set costs $69.51 on Amazon. I have already saved money (and gas!) by bathing and grooming Jax myself this summer.



One admission. While I am able to give Jax a decent cut, I am by no means able to do it as well as the professional groomers. But I’m ok with this, because the grooming session is also a nice bonding time for Jax and me.

The Andis set comes in a hard case that is great for storage and travel and it includes four snap-on comb attachments in sizes 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" to vary the length of the cut and clipper oil.

The Dog Grooming for Dummies has wonderful tips such as essential grooming supplies, foods/supplements that enhance your dog’s coat (a cooked egg daily!) and an entire chapter on training your dog for grooming. The book and clipper set has given me a new hobby and saved us money!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Join Newsletter
Sign up for our Email Newsletter

Attire
Bags
Blankets
Boarding
Books & Magazines
Carriers
Celebrity
Clothing
Couture
Feeding
Food
Furniture
Gifts
Gifts for Owners
Grooming
Harnesses
Health
Jewelry
Memorials
Misc.
Nutrition
Swanky Pups
Tags & Collars
Toys
Training
Travel
Treats
Waste
home chat directory articles reviews rescue/support newsletter swanky pups advertise
© 2007 TheSwankyPup. All Rights Reserved.
website by Posh Daisy